Permission to pinch or slap me (not in the face) if you see me in violation of any of the following:
- Robocop and The Godfather 1 & 2: Three movies I have never seen and probably should.
Goal: watch each of these movies in 2011.
1/3 COMPLETE: watched Robocop on January 1, 2012.
- California/BC/Alberta: California keeps getting put off, I have technically stepped foot in BC but it was to take a picture with the sign and turn around. Alberta seems like the easiest, specific location is not important.
Goal: visit at least 2 of these 3 states/provinces in 2011.
1/2 COMPLETE: visited San Francisco in July 2011.
- Montreal/Ottawa: Return to Montreal and finally step foot in Ottawa.
Goal: visit both Montreal and Ottawa in 2011.
1/2 COMPLETE: visited Montreal in May 2011.
- Sports in Detroit: Upon briefly touching down for a concert in September I realized it's truly not THAT far from home or as unwelcoming as people make it seem.
Goal: attend at least one sporting event in Detroit in 2011.
- NHL game: I have now seen NHL hockey at 3 active North American arenas, continue to expand.
Goal: attend at least one NHL game outside of Toronto, Buffalo, or Chicago in 2011.
- College Football: Make it back to a college football game in the States.
Goal: attend at least one college football game in the States in 2011.
- Pack-a-lunch: Didn't achieve this one past January 2010 so it's back on the list. Bring a sandwich or something homemade to work at least 2 days a week, cafeteria adds up.
Goal: bring a lunch to work at least 2 business days per week.
- Enjoy breakfast: In 2010 it was for health reasons, this year it's primarily financial. Why pay for eggs and others at work when I can easily make it at home?
Goal: eat breakfast at home 2-3 business days a week.
- Mattress: I really need a new mattress and have been putting off this purchase for about 1-2 years.
COMPLETE: mattress purchased on January 3, 2011.
- Ontario/Quebec Signs: From various road trips I have pictures with the signs for BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. Bit of a hole in between.
COMPLETE: drove to Montreal on May 4, 2011.
- MLB game in the States: I have now seen MLB games at 4 active North American fields, continue to expand.
COMPLETE: visited California in July 2011 and saw games in Oakland and San Francisco.
- Music Festivals: Return to the States for a music festival.
COMPLETE: attended Lollapalooza in Chicago in August 2011.
I have set a list of objectives for which I feel are both realistic and contain things that I would like to do. My list of 2010 goals wasn't fully-accomplished (and those that I feel are high-priority have returned this year) but there were a ton of other unexpected events that popped up this year that I feel may cancel some of those items out, who knows what 2011 has in store.